Wednesday 12 June 2013

Niches by Susan L.

Learning curves...it sure isn't a straight line is it? I picked up my firefly painting from the framers yesterday. She did an awesome job! This process challenged me on so many levels. Just surrendering the original art into a stranger's hands was a risky chance. Especially when I feel that it is the best piece I ever painted as well as it signifies such a powerful spiritual and emotional connection to God. I am thankful about being able to step outside my comfort zone, big steps and little ones. I am thankful that the realization has solidified that it's totally my decision about what to do or not. Is that ever freeing! I have offered my artistic services to the church. I am happy to help make props or whatever they need for their summer Bible camp. I will leave the actual camp in the hands of others, though. Way too much caffuffle and chaos for me! At the Writer's Nest for the first time I wrote something off topic! (Look out, world, we're creating a monster!) Yesterday's blog time was spent exploring a whimsical story about a brick I saw dented by a cat's foot print. It was a nice bit of lightness to celebrate the lightness in my soul. I truly enjoy writing children's stories. Thank You, Lord for helping me find my place in this world. "It was planted in good soil by many waters, to bring forth branches, bear fruit, and become a majestic vine," Ez 17:8 (Thank You Lord for many prunings.)

1 comment:

  1. It's so freeing when we can write off-topic, colour outside the lines, think outside the box, dress according to our own fashion... and don't mind if people call us crazy for any of these things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...