Saturday 11 May 2013

What's Up? by Susan L.

It's been hard to get out of bed these last few weeks. Broken sleep and a heavy heart make the days long. Just getting caught up on laundry feels like a monumental task. Never mind what's on the need-to-do and want-to-do lists. Feeling this way is frightening. Is this just the beginning? I've been worse. Sure don't want to end up there again. And the loaded questions follow: what's wrong with me? Why.... I admit there hasn't been a lot of thinking lately. Classic avoidance. It's high time to have a heart to heart with my Father. Fear is a great devourer of motivation isn't it? What ifs gnaw away the hopes for tomorrow. And therein lies the answer. My world has shrunk into the old and familiar keep on trucking lifestyle with no sense of a future. A sure fire sign of depression. I've tasted it, the future I mean. My battered and struggling soul longs for that joy in possibilities to return. I am tired of living an existance. I want life with a capital "L"! Maybe tomorrow will be better. "Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me." Ps 139:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...