Tuesday 14 May 2013

Reunion by Susan L.

My high school is celebrating its fiftieth year at the end of the month. It doesn't seem that long ago that the twenty-fifth was held. I didn't go then but I might go to this one. I have connected with a few people lately via the school's Facebook page. One of these people was my best friend from grade six through nine until she moved thousands of miles away. We lost touch. Actually, she found me after I hooked into the school. It was wondeeful to reconnect with her. The years somehow melted away and we've kept in touch. Those were simple days. Endless days. Games of Canasta, listening to music, singing along. Sleeping out on the back porch in August. Teaching her dog to jump like a horse. Wishing the dog was a horse. Dreams of cycling across the USA. Summer on a horse farm riding, daydreaming. The last days of childhood. What wonderful treasures. Maybe I'll go to the reunion after all. "Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgramage." Ps 84:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...