Friday 10 May 2013

Clouds by Susan L

I'd like to be able to paint clouds better than I do. Every sky is so illusive and unique. It's hard to capture a single moment. It's challenging to create the sense of movement in the static mediums of paint and paper. I spend time sky watching, even chasing summer thunderstorms with my camera in hand. We get some spectacular storms here in Ontario in August. April, the beginning of tornado season, brings its share of awe inspiring skies. These storms violently sweep in, snarling and flashing, but don't usually last that long. Sometimes the only proof they ever existed is wet, steamimg roads and a glistening freshness to the air. I was terrified of thunderstorms as a child. They still make me nervous even though I'm all grown up and understand the scientific mechanics. The big storms somehow make me feel so tiny and helpless. Thunderstorms are going to come and there's nothing I can do but wait until it's over. "He calms the storm, so that its waves are still. Then they are glad because they are quiet; so He guides them to their desired haven." Ps 107:42

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...