Sunday 12 May 2013

Choice Moments by Susan L.

It's all about choices and having an arsenal of wellness (warfare?) tools nearby. I cranked up the worship music yesterday and it raised my spirits out of the valley for a little while. Long enough to get some much needed household chores accomplished. That also has helped. I am feeling much lighter today, not so overwhelmed. Sleeping late this morning has helped, too. Being over tired hasn't helped matters. Although, I have a question. How come the cat ended up with the lion's share of the bed? Having missed church this morning, I've realized what a huge stressor it is. I don't want it to be. I don't want to avoid it because it is challenging. It's not the people. They are most welcoming. It's my stuff, the nervousness, the wariness. But then, bulldozing over my feelings is not the best thing to do either. That's the old way of surviving and extremely unhealthy. Maybe I need to re-think this. Maybe I need to slow down a bit. That's okay. (I feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. The weight of performance and expectations. ) Thank You, Abba. "But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you." 1 Pet 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...