Friday 24 May 2013

Can't by Susan L.

One of the tasks that's been hanging over my head is writing a personal status report for disability. It's been sitting on my table for longer than it should but I couldn't seem to bring myself to the point of being able to face doing it. It's taken the events of the last couple of weeks for me to face reality and grasp the understanding of where I am in my recovery. Most of this is recognizing what I need to do in order to keep working or rather, what I need NOT to do! I tend to choke on the word, "can't'" because a whole lot of ego gets in the way. I am reflecting on Canadian culture because it's all I know. The words, "I can't" create condemnation disguised as encouragement. "Yes you can! You should! You must! Don't be a quitter!" Let's toss in, "wimp!" Boy. I hear myself loud and clear. "Who is he who condemns?" ROM 8:34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...