Sunday 19 May 2013

Brainstorming Bits by Susan L.

Being overwhelmed creates mental paralysis. Now the door's been opened, it's time to prioritize what's important to improve my state of mind. I need to give a voice to the turmoil of emotions these decisions create. (Sounds like WRAP, wellness Recovery Action Plan!) Church is a biggy. No. This is connected to my therapist. After being together for seven years, we are slowly lessening the frequency that we meet. We've come a long time way together and this is a good sign but it is frightening to face the absence of someone who has been an integral part of my life. That's part of why I started going back to church. Trying to establish a support system before flying solo, so to speak. It hasn't gone well. I like the pastor. He's a wonderful and approachable man. The people are warm and welcoming. Sunday services are simply too noisy, too busy. Fighting panic attacks is not conclusive to connecting with God. I have left church every Sunday emotionally and physically drained. I think I'll set this on the back burner to simmer for a while. Deciding not to go has stirred up its own stew of emotions. I need to hear the words, "It's not a failure!" "We, however, will not boast beyond measure, but within the limits of the sphere which God appointed us." 2 Car 10:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...