Monday 22 April 2013

Sweet Memories by Susan L.

I've spent most of today outside. The sun is finally shining. Nice after the freezing and unusual blizzard of two days ago. These first few forays into yard work are tough. Muscles ache, feet ache...the usual signs of a long and sedentary winter. I give thanks that I am able to do it. One of my greatest pleasures is weeding my veggie garden barefoot, the earth warm beneath my feet. It will be another six weeks before I can plant but it's nice to wander around. There's life stirring in the trees and perennials. The maple sap is running freely. I was watching it drip from newly broken branches far overhead. It reminded me of my son when he was young. He was trying to catch the drips with his tongue. He came in with sticky clothes, sticky hair and his ears full of sap. He had the biggest grin on his face. I had so much fun just watching him from the upstairs window. Gotta love those magic moments. "The trees of the Lord are full of sap, the cedars of Lebanon which He planted, where the birds make their nests." Ps 104:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...