Thursday 11 April 2013

"Pathways to Recovery" by Susan L.

In one sentence Pathways to Recovery is a strength based program which opens the door to wellness and can unlock our hidden potential. I believe anyone can benefit, not just those of us who live with mental health challenges. The workbook itself, the "road map" is clear and concise. (Available at Amazon.com) It asks questions that make you think while building confidence and hope in a straight forward manner. It takes the 'T' out of 'can't'. It is a book that can be worked through individually although a group adds a richness and a diversity of approaches to the various subjects. And it is more fun to be with a group of like-minded people. I enjoyed the facilitator training and have finished these last three days feeling good about my own capabilities. It helped me understand that a facilitator is not a teacher in the traditional sense. We merely try our best to provide a safe space for everyone to grow and learn about what our own wellness might look like. Never in a million years did I imagine I'd be where I am today and even though I didn't sleep too well last night, it's nice to wake up with a smile on my face. "And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient." 1 Ti 2:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...