Sunday 14 April 2013

Onward and Upward by Susan L.

The first day of the Home Show was a success although the arena was cold for those of us not walking around in coats. Imagine, a cold hockey arena! What did I expect? We talked with a lot of people. Some who knew our name but didn't know who or what the Krasman Centre was all about. Now they do. There were others who were pleasantly surprised that such a place even existed.Success! There is a competition for best booth. It was extremely unnerving when the five judges came by with their clipboards, studied our setup and made little official check marks on their papers. Didn't that trigger some uncomfortable memories of psychiatrists I'd seen in the past. It didn't derail me though. Success! There was a vendor's dinner after the show closed for the day. I waivered between going/not going. I ended up checking it out and ended up leaving. The noise was too much after the long day. I needed some quiet because I wanted to be at my best for today. Practicing healthy self care. Success! All in all, a good day because in the grand scheme of things this is what it's all about: "To proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to those who are bound." Is 61:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...