Monday 29 April 2013

Black Tides by Susan L.

The gray day is matching my mood. My heart is heavy. Church was tough yesterday. The married couples had finished the Marriage Course so the pastor's sermon capped it off. He taught about the Biblical ways a marriage is meant to be with God at the head. I should have listened to the inner voice urging me not to go. It was tough to sit through and extremely triggering. After getting the drunken phone call Saturday morning...yah. Crappy memories of my own marriage. I sat there fighting the urge to run by drawing on the programme. I tried not to listen. That didn't work too well but someone was watching. She complimented my artistic abilities and asked if I would be willing to help her. She needs to design a medieval castle for the children's summer Bible camp. I leapt at the idea and the opportunity, glad to be distracted and glad the Lord has given me a way to help the church. As for the rest, tomorrow is a new day. "And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever." 2 Tim 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...