Thursday 14 March 2013

At the Races by Susan L.

I keep getting startled by the date. The fact it is March 2013. Don't know if this is an age thing or simply because a lot of the last eight years has passed in a fog of illness: major depression and anxiety. When I got home from work yesterday, a blanket of fatigue washed over me. Working three days in a row left me drained emotionally and physicalky. More than I thought it would. It isn't a hard job, I am doing what I love and love what I do. It's simply something different, outside of my comfort zone. There's responsibility, too, in being a peer support worker, it's not just remembering to set the alarm when I leave. It is a ministry after all. Last night reminded me of my own fragility; that I need to be careful of my mental wellness and not get too busy too soon. The scars left from my breakdowns are still fresh in my mind. Not that I think it will ever happen again. I simply need to think tortoise thoughts, "Slow and steady." "Holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Jesus Christ that I have not run in vain or laboured in vain." Phil 2:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 1

    "Keep on seeking, and you will find." Mathew 7:7     I am still dealing with the fallout of Friday's panic attack. The wor...