Friday 15 March 2013

A Picture Paints by Susan L.

Being able to take part in an art therapy group continues to be such a blessing. Last week saw the birth of the image of a woman in a long, flowing dress. She is standing, arms held out and is graced with translucent wings. I loved the idea but wasn't happy with how the wings and dress looked. She is facing away from the viewer, looking outwards to the left of the page. Her body is slightly angled, leaning forward as though she's about to leap off of a precipice, trusting in her wings. Last night, courtesy of referencing an Audubon bird book, the wings took shape to my satisfaction. The dress did,too. In talking about her,I got all choked up. Her picture is a gratitude piece acknowledging this wonderful place I am in. It is a symbol of hope, potential, and a future. It is still only a black and white image but I plan to keep working on it. I found it hard to leave her there unfinished, to be locked away in a cupboard for safe keeping until next week. Nevertheless, it felt right. Didn't I say something yesterday about tortoise thoughts? "So I haved looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life." Ps 63:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...