Thursday 28 February 2013

Yarning by Susan L.

There was a how-to-knit group at the centre today. I decided last minute to take part although knitting isn't something I felt needed to be learned. Childhood memories of Brownie badges and the heroic struggle to complete a twelve inch square bubbled up. More so each time I dropped a stitch. Surprisingly, memory served me well. The skills of how to start, how to hold the needles were as fresh as yesterday. There was something relaxing in the repeating motions. Just like the sense of peace I get when I hand sew a quilt. The quilts, I confess are wa-a-ay better than the lopsided, loopy rectangle I ended up with today. But then it's been many, many years since I held knitting needles. It's making me eat my own words that I tell the how-to-draw group: "Practice!" "That their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love." Col 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...