Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentine Be Mine by Susan L.

It was Ash Wednesday yesterday. Easter has begun. It doesn't always fall this way but this year it has. An entire season of love has arrived. There seems to be couples everywhere. In advertising, on TV, the radio. Even my church is offering a workshop for couples. It leaves me feeling a bit lonely, a bit of an outsider. While away it would have been nice to have a physical partner to share the sights with. I hear the brakes squealing in my mind with that last sentence. Being single doesn't mean there's something wrong with me. It has been a gift. Single-ness has granted me the marvelous opportunity to get to know who I am under the Lord's tender tutelage. I've learned that nothing is impossible. Mostly this season of being single has blessed me with the time and space to develop an intimate relationship with my Saviour. Countless times it has been His arms holding me as I wept and grieved and healed from the wounds to my soul. There is even laughter and shared jokes between us. May this day for lovers bless you with the opportunity to experience God's love in a real and meaningful way. It is a good thing. "The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah." Ps 46:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...