Saturday 23 February 2013

Close Connections by Susan L.

I watched an amazing YouTube video yesterday. It was an animated spoken word poem about bullying. (www.upworthy.com) It's something I am all too familiar with so it struck home, stirring up some memories. Since I've become a Christian and welcomed Jesus into my life the Lord has used these painful events to connect me to my Saviour. I realize now there is One who experienced all the possible hurts and torments that are part of being human. My pain is a silver thread which unites me to Him in a way that is meaningful, profound and helps me try to forgive. My heart and soul connects to His and I am richer because of what I have survived. He who was mocked and flogged by those His way of life, His kindness, His love threatened. He was different, unique, loved by God... In the fickle way of humankind He was welcomed then days later, a mob mentality exploded. He was crucified without cause. I confess that inasmuch as I've been bullied, there's times I was reluctantly part of the mob. If someone else was being picked on, targeted, mocked, I was safe. God is good. He's forgiven me for my fear. May those I've harmed find within their hearts the ability to do the same. "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me first. " Jn 15:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...