Thursday 3 January 2013

Way Too Excited! by Susan L.

I ended up not going into the city last night. My travelling companion lives in the snow belt not far from here and the roads her way were not good. It is the first one we've missed since starting the PREFER training and there's some leeway there anyways. Also, yesterday was not my first day of work. Tomorrow is. The staff meeting is next Wednesday! Don't I feel silly! I do this kind of thing on a regular basis, often ending up rather panicky. Especially when I'm waiting for an appointment and I arrive early. Cascading questions pour through my mind, "Do I have the right time? Am I in the right place? Late? Missed something? Was it cancelled? Is it actually today?" This barrage is topped off with the surefire sign that I am aging, "What day is it anyways?" In the past, I have missed important appointments. Years ago I showed up a day late for jury duty. Thankfully, the case had settled out of court and the jury wasn't needed or there could have been serious consequences to that mistake. It isn't as bad as it used to be. I can now diffuse the situation by laughing at myself and using some positive self talk, " Patience, and all will be revealed!" So I spent the day at the centre anyways and had a good day. "Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us." Heb 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...