Tuesday 15 January 2013

Something From Nothing by Susan L.

I'm having a hard time coming up with somthing to write about. Maybe I'll copy the old popular TV show "Seinfeld" and write lots about nothing. The woman who hosts our monthly Writer's Nest put out a call for topics. She received enough ideas to schedule a different subject for the next two years! It is exciting to see the creative challenges which lay ahead. The topics are as diverse as we are. These little nudges always result in some amazing writing. Maybe that's what I need today. A nudge. Nudges are good. So is the occasional kick in the pants. A smack upside the head falls into that category, too. The Bible calls it conviction. Awareness without guilt or shame when we know we've done-said-thought the wrong thing. I am eternally grateful Grace is part of our relationship with God. I also needed this little poke in my ribs to remind me of God's awesome ability to grow something from nothing. "Yes, my innermost being will rejoice when your lips speak right things." Prov 23:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...