Friday 25 January 2013

Reeling Them In by Susan L.

After finishing yesterday's blog I sat for a moment. The image of a fly fisherman methodically casting his line over a river came to mind. Casting our cares. Do we reel them in fighting and thrashing? Yes. Sometimes we do. I know when my children are worried I care about what's happening. Sometimes I worry about their worries. The same with friends. Empathize. The challenge: how to empathize but not personalize. Fishing without bait. And then I thought about the scripture, "casting all our care upon Him." Does this mean telling the Lord how much He means to us? How amazing, wonderful, awesome. Loving with all our heart and with all our mind? That's a different kind of care isn't it? The subtleties of language. The paradox. The double meaning. It's something to chew on for a while. CARE. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things." Mat 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...