Thursday 13 December 2012

Your Will be Done by Susan L.

I have begun a little journey that is entirely an exercise in leaps of faith. On Tuesday night, I asked one of the ladies in my writer's group, Brenda Wood, published author and speaker (brendawoodauthor@yahoo.ca) to help me with my little book "God and the Black River". First leap: Asking someone outside my close circle of friends to read my work. Second leap: Emailing the manuscript. This may not seem to be a big thing for many people but I don't have a clue how to send something that is 23,000 plus words. Hopefully, there is someone at the centre who can help me. Third leap: Actually self-publishing the manuscript as an E-book. Brenda has a contact who does this for a very reasonable cost. It's much less expensive than publishing actual paper books and as someone on disability, funds are rather limited. Besides, this is the way of the future isn't it? Fourth leap: This is the biggest one for me. To believe in future possibilities and make plans accordingly. I am not going to use the word 'goals'. That is too scary. The old song comes to mind, "One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus." Amen to that! "For the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw nearer to God." Heb 7:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...