Monday 24 December 2012

Tidings of Comfort and Joy by Susan L.

Don't you hate when you wake up with a start, your mind a torrent of random thoughts? Life is pretty busy over the next three days. Mental lists of what I need to do, to take, and where I need to be are rattling my cage a little. Busy and me don't mesh easily. Once the coffee was poured I decided to take this time to ground myself in the Lord. In amongst the rest of the thought parade the Christmas carol "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" began to play. I heard this carol at a concert last year. My heart heard the familiar words and I began to grasp what the simple words "God rest" truly meant. Rest in God. God will bless us with rest. Take time from our labours. Ease off the frantic socializing. Place our sad, wounded or grieving hearts in His hands. Forgive, or make the choice of wanting to if that's all we can do right now. Rest assured God can and will do the rest. "Selah". The big one. Pause. Reflect. Meditate. Contemplate. Inhale. Wait. Surrender.Exhale. As the carol sings, "For Christ was born of Mary upon this Christmas day." "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people." Lk 2:10

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favourite passages - and a good reminder. Too much busyness takes away the joy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...