Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Wishing Star by Susan L.

This magical tale begins with the magical words, " Once Upon a Time"... There was a tiny, tiny star just to the left of the moon. Her twinkling face only stood out on the darkest of darkest nights when her neighbour Moon who had been up all day was tucked snuggly into bed. Far below her lay the Earth that gleamed in blue, brown, green and white. It was a precious jewel hanging in the depths of space and was a beautiful sight to see. The Little Star was sad because she knew when someone on Earth looked up they couldn't see her like the other stars. She often wondered why she'd been made so small and dim. For ages and ages, a very long time, she hung there so forlorn until one day she heard a great big Voice say, "Little Star, it's your time to shine!" "Who's that?" she asked, "What do You mean?" She felt a bit afraid even though the Voice was a wonderful Voice full of life and love and music. "Little Star, I am God. I Am that I Am. I am the One who made you and set you in the midnight sky at the very dawn of time. I have a very special job for you that only you can do." The wonderful, marvelous Voice replied. "You see, Little Star, if you had burned too bright, your twinkle wouldn't have lasted. The special time that draws very near is the day I made you for. You will shine brighter than the sun all night and all day." The Little Star thought and thought then thought some more. She grew curious and more curious so she asked the Voice, " God? Is this really true?" A deep and gentle laughter echoed through the heavens. "Oh, Little Star, have faith and believe that when I say you are a chosen one, I have chosen you. You are to be the beacon, the guiding light to all the people on Earth." Your light will lead them, kings and shepherds to the place my son will be born." "But, I don't know how to shine!" The Little Star felt tears gather in the corners of her eyes. She wanted to do this job so, so badly. "I can't do this job on my own!" She cried to God. "I'm so very small!" "Silly Little Star," she could hear the smile in God's voice, "I am going to help you because you are right: this is a task you could never do alone. I am with you now just close your eyes and see." She heard a great, big, huge breath being drawn in. With a soft, "Whoosh!" it passed all around her, tickling her rays. The Little Star's eyes opened wide with surprise as within her heart a Power filled her with so much joy she thought she would burst! She couldn't hold it in! The Little Star began to grow and grow and grow. She became the biggest, brightest star in the sky and had the biggest, brightest smile on her face. "Thank You, God," she shyly said, "now what am I to do?" God answered her, "Look below at the tiny town of Bethlehem. See that stable hidden behind that inn? That is where my Son shall be born. See those kings far in the west? They will come to worship my Son, the baby Jesus who will be waiting for them in the stable's manger just like I planned. Your rays in the eastern sky will light the place where this special Child with a special purpose waits for His time to shine," The Beginning

1 comment:

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...