Friday 28 December 2012

Shopping! by Susan L.

I've got a butterfly mind this morning. Topic after topic is flitting through my head coupled with delightful thoughts of how I am going to spend my Christmas bounty: grocery gift cards (my pantry is rather bare), hardware store cards, and money for much needed new clothes for work. I was truly blessed this year. It's the hardware store cards which have me really excited. Do I buy practical things like a new sink for the bathroom? I have the flooring. Can I afford a new toilet as well? The tub is okay...hmmm, I'd need baseboards and new taps...Should I buy the table mounted belt/disc sander that has me drooling and would make the pleasure of toy making that much easier? Should I invest in wood carving tools? At some point in my life I would like to build a carosel horse but there are many skills to master in order to achieve that dream and, I believe, a few more tools like a band saw and planer. Isn't that a snapshot of life in general? We need special tools and skills in everything we do. Lord, I surrender this bounty to Your guidance. You know what I need or what needs may arise in the future. Help me spend wisely. In Jesus' name "And God is able to make all grace toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work." 2 Cor 9:8, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...