Friday 21 December 2012

Secret Santa Revealed by Susan L.

On Wednesday at the staff meeting we all took part in a small Secret Santa gift exchange. Thankfully I knew the person well whose name I'd drawn earlier. The staff member who had drawn my name was at a distinct disadvantage, me being so new, but I tell you, her gift was one of unimaginable worth. She has met me on various occaisions because she is the coordinator of the PREFER (www.cultureofrecovery.com) and either faciltates or is present for most of the trainings I have attended so far. She gave me the gift of words: a beautifully written letter sharing her impressions of who I am. She also framed a word collage made with key words from her letter. It was lovely, thought provoking, and very, very sweet. As I read the letter out loud in front of the staff, her kind words struck home. Right to the very fabric of my being. I ended up having a good cry Wednesday night. Tears of the deepest gratitude this little human could offer to God were blended with a tinge of sorrow. Mostly they were tears of relief and unbound hope because E's letter showed me once and for all the worst is over. I am reluctant to say I 've arrived but we're getting there one day at a time. It just dawned on me Who really was the Secret Santa". Thank you my Lord. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." Rev 2:29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...