Sunday 16 December 2012

All Bases Covered by Susan L.

My love of woodworking enabled me to build a Noah's Ark for my grandson's Christmas gift. It felt like the right gift although I wasn't sure if, at three, he knew the story behind the boat and all the two-by-two animals. Prior to the rest of the company arriving, we were spending some quality time together which translates into reading to him. His love of books is obvious. We shared a couple of stories about Bambi and he wanted me to read them a third time. I asked if we could read something else so he chose another book for me to read twice as well. Yes. You guessed it. It was the story of Noah's Ark and the great flood. The Little Golden Book had belonged to his mother when she was a little girl but now graced his bookshelf. I was thunderstruck and filled with awe by everything God organized behind the scenes for the moment my grandson lifted his red and blue ark from the box I had wrapped it in: the trees that were grown to not only provide the wood for the ark and animals, but the pulp for the paper the little book was printed on thirtyish years ago. There was ore discovered and mined to manufacture the necessary screws and hinges. My own uncle had given these things to me. Even he played an unknowing part...wow. Mind boggling, isn't it? "And that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." Jn 14:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...