Sunday 23 December 2012

Ahh, Relaxation! by Susan L.

With a mad flurry of flour my nod at Christmas baking is done. Mincemeat tarts with my own green tomato mincemeat. A tiny apple pie with a smattering of white chocolate chips and tons of cinnamon is cooling on the rack as well. It sure makes the house smell like Christmas. The rest of the night is my own. I need this time to gather my thoughts, to take the time and focus on the real reason for Christmas. There needs to be some time to unwind after being away for a couple of days, too. I was visiting my elderly uncle. His birthday was yesterday and I like to take him some of my preserves. They remind him of his childhood and I enjoy listening to the memories the mason jars bring to mind. I think he may have been a bit of a rascal. When I am there, or anywhere for a couple of days I get slightly homesick though. I find the city too noisy, busy and bright. Country living spoils you and I treasure the silence that is here. I may or may not blog over the next couple of days so I offer everyone, city mice and country mice alike a most blessed and wonderful Christmas. "Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace, goodwill toward men." Lk 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...