Saturday 27 October 2012

Upon a Star by Susan L.

It was wonderful to see my three year old grandson last night in Newmarket. My eight month old granddaughter took one look at me and screamed. Note to self: see them more! They had come up from Sarnia last night to help my daughter move today. Amidst boxes and over slices of pizza we had a good visit and it was nice to have a few moments of quality time with my children and grandchildren. My son and his family moved back to Ontario in the spring from New Zealand having spent a number of years teaching there. Jai, my grandson, left his best friend behind and misses him terribly. What happened at bed time drove home how astute children are. He began to cry. An unusual occurance. My son talked with him for a while to find out the reason for his tears. Jai was terrified that after his Aunt She-she moved he would never see her again because in his brief experience, that was what moving meant: goodbye forever. After some gentle reassurance he settled down to sleep although I am sure there were some worries about what the next day would bring. My heart went out to the little guy. How I wish we had the ability to protect our children from the hurts of the world, big and small. How I sometimes wish for a magic wand to make it all better. How I wish we really could keep our children safe from harm. I wish...and I pray. "That their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love." Col 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...