Tuesday 16 October 2012

Unseen Courage by Susan L.

I sing a song to the unsung hero,/ The weeping man, the quiet woman,/ Who dares to bear their soul,/ Their concerns, their trials and lives,/ Overcoming the chains that bind./ I sing a song to the unsung spirit,/ Unquenchable, determined, indomitable,/ That dares to raise its voice, In outrage, in laughter, in woe,/ Overcoming the oppression that binds./ I sing a song to the unsung worth,/ The loving hand, the hug, the ear,/ That dares to reach out,/ In friendship, in acceptance, in selflessness,/ Overcoming the fears that bind./ I sing a song to the unsung explorer, Man, woman, youth, child,/ Who dares to question "truth",/ In righteousness, in hope, in faith,/ Overcoming the lies that bind./ I sing a song to unsung humanity,/ Its sagas, its possibilities, its beauty,/ That dares to rise above,/ Limits, expectations, restrictions,/ Overcoming the foe that binds./ "The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him--the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of council and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear (awe) of the Lord." Is 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...