Friday 5 October 2012

Second Chances by Susan L.

This is my second attempt at today's blog. For some reason the site wouldn't work when I went to type it up. In re-reading what was written I realized I'd set myself up on a huge soap box and the writing was condescending and preachy. Thank heavens for fickle technology. So many times in my discovery journey the Lord has closed doors. More often than not it left me feeling frustrated to begin with but later, often much later, it all made sense because inevitably a window would open. I'm so thankful He looks out for us. Every day. Every moment. He has our best interests at heart. Sometimes the path He lays for us isn't easy but there is much to learn in time spent in the valley. A valley is where the richest, most fertile soil collects. It is sheltered from the winds that may blow us off course. There's something wonderful too about being securely enclosed by mountains or hills. The picturesque image of a lazy river winding its way between the peaks gets me thinking about the pleasures of fishing or splashing my toes in its cool, glistening waters. There's lots to be said about the valley experience. "Yea though I walk thaough the vslley." Ps 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...