Thursday 11 October 2012

Pianissimo by Susan L.

There is a part of me that would love to own a piano. I have had so much enjoyment playing the one at the retreat. Despite its rather worn and finicky keys, it has a sweet and mellow sound that is only achieved through age. One particular key doesn't work at all unless you hit it hard. Thankfully it isn't one that needs to be played often. Hmmm, kind of reminds me of me... Playing for me is a worshipful experience. The lovely, innocent love songs of years gone by become hymns as I sing the lyrics in my head. I will throw in the occasional hymn as well. The classics of my childhood. It brings me great peace. I was nervous to start, shaky and sweaty and my fingers were rusty but in the end it turned out okay. Once I gave myself permission to forget about the listeners and to not stress about hitting the wrong note, it got even better. There is no way a piano would fit in my tiny house. I think,too, that if playing became an every day event, some of the magic would fade away. That is something I don't want to lose. Besides, I have friends who own one and I've gone and played for them when I needed to get away and place myself humbly at the feet of the Lord. "Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise with Psalms." Ps 95:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...