Thursday 6 September 2012

Self is Not a Four Letter Word by Susan

The monthly meeting for the PREFER program was last night. The acronym stands for Peer Recovery and Education for Employment and Resiliency. It is one of the few training opportunities that is based on the recovery model vs the medical, clinical approach. It is free. The application process simple. There are no tests. Lived experience in mental health and/or addictions is the only requirement. If you want to know more call 1-888-780-0724. I'm doing this to learn how to be a better minister to others. I've discovered the importance of being able to minister to my self. I don't know where I heard this but it has stuck with me, "If you can't love yourself,God help your neighbour"! This isn't a selfish concept but rather the recognition that we need to learn to be kind to ourselves by making sure that mentally, physically, spiritually ...the whole package is in balance.It's about the necessity of learning to rest and play as well. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit after all. "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;I will guide you with my eye." Ps 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 1

    "Keep on seeking, and you will find." Mathew 7:7     I am still dealing with the fallout of Friday's panic attack. The wor...