Thursday 20 September 2012

Communication Skills by Susan L.

Yesterday was yet another anxiety filled day so I reached for pencil and paper. Glad I see my doctor today, there may be a physical reason for this. However, it was amazing how many little things that I was concerned about. Silly things like getting around to bringing my goldfish in for the winter and needing to take a load of stuff to the dump. It sure doesn't take much to overwhelm me! Art is a huge tool for me. A picture truly does paint a thousand words. My recovery began with art when I drew the face of the grieving, angry woman locked deep inside. My walk as a Christian began eight years ago at the drafting table which became my altar. The approach is the same as the writing: blank paper, pencil in hand, I wait and pray for the Lord to show me what lay in my heart. He proves faithful every single time. Collage, cut and paste images or words are glued down, has been a main tool for me. It helped when things were really bad. I just flipped through a magazine without thinking and cut out whatever grabbed my fancy. It was amazing how the result usually ended up on a theme. Good and bad. The art has also been an opportunity to worship, celebrate, and play before the Lord. Something about cut and paste makes me feel like a child again. And a smile comes to my lips imagining just how big God's fridge must be where He hangs our masterpieces. "Then He (Jesus) said to the man," Stretchout your hand." OMat 12:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...