Monday 17 September 2012

Carosel by Susan L..

It's going to be a short entry today.I'm feeling, once again, overwhelmed with everything and nothing. The need-to-do's are nibbling at my peace. The have-to-do's are making me feel panicky. I truly hate feeling this way... And the words, "a new kind of normal" by author Carol Kent come floating to mind. Those words have been crucial to my recovery long before I read her inspiring book. I've bandied the word 'recovery' around even though it isn't true to the essence of my journey. 'Dis-covery" is. Simply because it has all been about learning new ways to live. The old ones were based in the sickness of life long, chronic depression and were merely coping skills, not living in the truest sense of the word. I performed. I existed. I coped amazingly well. I got by. Then I crashed. Big time. Twice. Three. Four... I'll be honest. When I get feeling even slightly overwhelmed it frightens me because I don't want to end up in that place of such darkness. Mind you, gold mines are dark. And let's be honest. Maybe I'm just having a bad day. I can live with that. "I will remember the works of the Lord." Ps 77:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...