Sunday 16 September 2012

Autumn Blooms by Susan L.

September is half gone. Never have the busy days felt longer but the weeks seem to race by. This is the very first year in forever that, so far, my emotions failed to perform their annual dip starting in mid August as the days grow shorter. Historically, the months leading up to Christmas have been filled with dread. Early November is rife with difficult anniversaries and has been the worst time of the year. It really does help to have the ability to envision and dream of possibilities... Wow. What a gift. Thanksgiving is around the corner and a time when I like to take an inventory of how far my recovery journey has brought me I've worked hard to get here and this time of reflection and gratitude helps keep everything in perspective. It also stops me from over doing it because of the need to acknowledge that true Wellness contains fragility. Thank God. Every single creature on this marvelous planet contains that fragility. Without it there would be no need for relationship with our Creator or our fellow persons. Healthy relationships I might add. The ones that nurture, challenge and stretch us to be better people. The ones that encourage, celebrate, comiserate with us. Mostly, the relationships that accept us just as we are.. Can you imagine a world where we treated each other as the rarest of rarest flowers? "I am my beloved's, And my beloved is mine. He feeds his flock among the lilies." Song 6:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...