Monday 27 August 2012

First Post...If technology cooperates by Susan

Fireflies,dragonflies and butterfly jewels, A hummingbird moth drinking at the bee balm, Only the third I've ever seen. Days and nights of brilliant splendour As August's meteor shower displays its silent fireworks. Towerimg trees whisper to the wind Their secret love song of summer. Cicadas,crickets, crawling things Add the music of their soul. But, Boy, it's hot! But look what I've got: Wildflowers dancing at the side of the road, Rippling and twisting in the heat. Cheeky daisies, the regal Queen Anne's Lace Nod and bow to the passing cars. Boy it's hot! But look what I've got: A break from mowing the lawn, now crisp and brown. Lazy hammock afternoons Fill the hottest part of the day In the shade of a lilac bush's umbrella, A sip of iced coffee, a good book, What more do I need? Boy it's hot! But look what I've got: Harvest stored in glistening jars: Strawberry jam, Some with a handful of rhubarb tossed in, Black currants shivver in the freezer Waiting for a cooler day to come alongside the strawberries, More beans than I'll ever eat, And the beets are eyeballing me Knowing they'll soon be in a pickle. The cukes didn't fare too well But that's okay, Zucchini canoes have taken their place. Did I mention it was hot? But look what I've got: A patch of four leafed clovers in my yard Not just one but dozens! A rare find I've seen before In my old life. And I am letting them grow just to see How big they'll get Before picking and pressing these treasures Sharing with family and friends: God's promise to restore all which the locusts had eaten It has been a special summer, The heat notwithstanding, Full of simple pleasures and pleasant times. This summer has been full of new beginnings. But most of all, like the jars in my pantry Set aside for tomorrow There is hope and whispered possibilities. For the first time in my life I dare to dream... Thankyou, Jesus

1 comment:

  1. Persistence pays off. I found you! And I think I may be the FIRST commenter! I loved this piece the first time I heard it. So great to find it here! Welcome to the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...